Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Beer Round-Up #1: Narragansett Summer Ale


Beer and summer are meant for each other. Over the next several weeks, I’ll take a look at a few summer beers that I think epitomize the relationship.

First up: Narragansett Summer Ale

First things first, who doesn’t enjoy a 16 ounce can? One full pint of beer. And the price for a six-pack is by far the best deal you’ll get on 96 ounces of crisp, refreshing beer this summer. I’m not sure why I looked passed this beer last year, but I did, so I’ve taken it upon myself to rectify this by drinking this beer weekly during the warmer months.

Brewed with 2-row pale malt and citra hops, the fizzy pour produces a lovely white cap of foam atop a golden-brilliance of effervescent liquid. Some lacing forms around the sides of the glass as the head falls into a wisp. Aroma is slightly citrusy, with hints of tropical fruit and mild grain. The flavor follows suit with plenty of hop character without being too overwhelming and licks of grain through the dryish finish.

A wonderful light summer beer at 4.2% ABV, this Blonde Ale will not be out of stock in my house until at least the middle of September…if they last that long. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter